IRAN AND IMPEACHMENT
BRETT SAMUELS, reporter at the Hill in Washington DC joins us to discuss his latest article “Trump Faces Dueling Crises Upon Return to DC.” This comes on the day the president addresses the nation.
CODE OF VETS: “TAKING CARE OF OUR OWN. ONE VETERAN AT A TIME”
GRETCHEN SMITH USAF Veteran and Founder of Code of Vets joins us. She says “The inspiration for Code Of Vets: Sgt. Danny E. Smiley, my dad, my Airborne Angel. He was a Bronze Star Medal recipient, a 100 percent disabled Vietnam Veteran – exposed to agent orange. He lost his battle with PTSD at age 57. R.I.P Dad”
- It is time to take care of our own. One veteran at a time.
- Roughly every 70 minutes a veteran commits suicide.
- There are approximately 40,000 homeless veterans on any given night.
- In the past year alone the number of diagnosed PTSD cases in the military jumped 50% (this is only reported and diagnosed cases).
- According to the VA, up to 20% of Operation Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom veterans, up to 10% of Gulf War veterans, and up to 30% of Vietnam veterans have PTSD.
- Transitioning from military to civilian life is often overwhelming and stressful. Transferring military job skills, training and education is a common problem for veterans.
- It is time to shine the light on the daily issues in our veteran community. It is time to put our veterans first.
- We have been given a unique opportunity with this grassroots movement to effect true change.